Apr 17, 2012

Happy Easter!

What a perfect day!! A slept in, we had a fabulous breakfast and he had a blast playing with his new toys and finding his Easter eggs!



I think I'm kind of a bad mom but I didn't let A color eggs this year! I know, how horrible but let's be honest, all he needed to do was to drop it in the jar and then they sat for 24 hours in the fridge. So I did it myself while he was napping. I wanted to stay away from the traditional dyes that are sold in the stores since they can leak into the eggs so I found some more 'natural' recipes to dye our eggs.

       Turmeric                                           Red Onion                        Blueberries

Soaking
I also cracked all the egg shells before hand so the color would leak onto the eggs so when I made my deviled eggs they would be marbleized :)



After breakfast, playing and nap time we headed over to Bill & Jenn's for our usual Easter tradition! We had a great meal with great people! The kids had a blast playing and the guys enjoyed the Tigers game & the Masters!




Kalli & Alexander are so sweet together!!




Apparently, A was ready to leave! He had enough hugging & kissing!
This boy doesn't sleep much in the car but clearly he was exhausted! It's only a 20 minute drive home and he just couldn't hang!


Another holiday has passed and another winter is behind us! It's bittersweet! I really don't enjoy the winter anymore but to think that it came and went so fast is scary!! I'm looking forward to this summer and all it has to bring for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment